Contest Official Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
- Eligibility: Gourmet Olive Oil & Vinegar Recipe Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least (18) eighteen years old at the time of entry. Employees of SearchAMP, LLC, Oil & Vinegar, and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: SearchAMP, LLC. 17817 Davenport Rd Suite 110
Dallas, Texas 75252
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s and, if applicable, his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on November 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on January, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period") and consists of two (2) phases as set forth in the chart below.
Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
November 1, 2016
January 15, 2016
January 16, 2017
January 31, 2017
Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN. During the Submission Phase, visit Contest Entry Page at https://gourmetoliveoilvinegar.com/blogs/top-chefs-recipes/oil-vinegar-recipe-contest-entry-rules-regulations and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form. Once you submit the completed registration form, follow the directions to upload one (1) photograph and your recipe, hereafter referred to as your submission ("Submission"). The Submission may be uploaded into one (1) of the following four (4) categories based on your eligibility: 1. Appetizer; 2. Dessert; 3. Entree, or 4. Drink Recipe (each a "Category"). By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Photograph Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be uploaded to the contest page within each category you decide to enter;
- The submission must include photo in .jpeg format
- The Submission must not exceed 2 MB; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a Gourmet Olive Oil & Vinegar promotion or contest.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain images, artwork or other information that personally identifies the entrant or any other person;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each participant may upload up to five (5) Submissions per Category per person and email address or username during the Submission Phase. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s (or if applicable, his/her parent/legal guardian's) consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void. Entry into the Contest shall constitute and signify entrant’s (and, if applicable, his/her parent/legal guardian) agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including television, radio, and the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Winner Determination: During the Judging Phase, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select one (1) entrants from each Category with the highest-scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
Photographic Composition (30%); and
Community Voting (10%)
Subject to the entrant's compliance with these Official Rules, the entrant from each Category whose Submission receives the highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed a potential Grand Prize winner. The entrant from each Category whose Submission receives the next highest score based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed a potential 1st Runner Up Prize winner and the remaining entrant will be deemed a 2nd Runner Up Prize winner. In the event of a tie in any Category, the entrant in that Category whose Submission received the highest score for Community Voting, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner from amongst the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (1) Submissions from any Category, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
Also, during the Judging Phase, all eligible and properly submitted Submissions will be featured on the website for public voting, which may be reviewed by SearchAMP, LLC but will not be considered in evaluating the Submissions on any other criteria. ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT A HIGH NUMBER OF USER VOTES OR POSITIVE USER COMMENTS DOES NOT IN ANY WAY GUARANTEE, DEEM OR IMPLY THAT THE ENTRANT WILL BE SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER. Limit: Individuals may vote one (1) time per day during the Judging Phase.
- Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email or mail on or around February 1, 2017. Each potential prize winner will, to the extent permitted by law, be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If any potential winner, or such potential winner’s parent or legal guardian, cannot be contacted, or fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world. Each winner agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use any Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using any Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to exploit or to refrain from exploiting any of its rights hereunder. Prizes will be fulfilled in approximately 8 weeks after end of Contest.
- Prizes: Four (4) GRAND PRIZE : 12 Month Oil & Vinegar Taste Club Membership (terms and conditions apply).
For all prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
- Release and Indemnification: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion/technical/fulfillment or other agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, demands, causes of action, costs and expenses, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation or inability to participate in the Contest, receipt use, misuse of or inability to use any prize, or entrant’s breach of these Official Rules.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network or other hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems in any product, hardware or software, including, but not limited to, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate Texas State Court located in Dallas, Texas. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the contest end date (listed above) and no later than MONTH< DATE, YEAR. For the Winner List, visit the promotion website and click on the FAQ link for details on how to request a list of winners.