Toasted, crispy baguettes make for the perfect basis of this traditional Italian Crostini recipe. Paired with tomatoes and olives- this appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser ( and is vegetarian friendly )!
Crostini with Tomato & Olives
- 4 slices baguette
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil with Garlic
- 1 tomato
- 8 Aceitunas Rellenas con Ajos (olives stuffed with garlic)
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat a grill pan to high heat. Drizzle baguette slices with 1 tablespoon oil. Place on grill and cook oil side down until grill lines are visible. Cut the tomato in half and rub cut side over grilled baguettes.
- Remove seeds from tomato halves and cut into small dice. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over baguettes.
- Heat the Bake & Fry Olive oil to 350˚F. Whisk the egg white until frothy. Add olives to coat.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and flour in a shallow bowl. Transfer the egg-dipped olives to the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly.
- Fry olives in batches until they have a nice brown, crispy layer, approximately 45 seconds, cut in half and arrange on top of diced tomatoes.
Check out how you can subscribe to receive more 'Easy Entertaining' Recipes here.
Taste. Love. Share. Gourmet Olive Oil Vinegar this year!