This creamy risotto recipe accentuates the fresh flavors of asparagus and leeks, and is the perfect way to celebrate the coming of springtime. Light and fresh, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and slide into a large skillet with salted simmering water to which you have added 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Cook until the whites are cooked and the yolk is still not set completely, about 3 - 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water. Keep skillet with water on stove top to reheat eggs prior to serving. Eggs can be prepared 1 day ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to reheat.
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large sauté pan or 3 quart cast iron casserole, until the oil shimmers. Add asparagus, cooking until tender about 5 - 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat butter and remaining oil in sauté pan or casserole until butter begins to foam. Add leeks and cook until they become soft, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add Bascaiolo and cook until rice becomes transparent, about 1 - 2 minutes. Add wine and cook until it is completely absorbed, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth, stirring often until the broth is almost completely absorbed. Continue adding cupfuls of broth allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more. The rice is done when it is tender but still firm to the bite, and the mixtures is creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, asparagus and artichokes into the risotto and warm through. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan.
- Serve risotto with warmed poached eggs over the top and a grating of Parmesan and chopped chives.
Check out how you can subscribe to receive more 'Easy Entertaining' Recipes here.
Taste. Love. Share. Gourmet Olive Oil Vinegar this year!
Others who enjoy Gourmet Food Lovers News and recipes from Gourmet Olive Oil & Vinegar include:
TastesOf.com - Experience Destinations in Style with Tastes Of
san mateo real estate rebate
Discount realtor serving San Mateo County commission only 2% - 4%. Homes for sale in San Mateo County from discount realtor Baron & Chestney.
Data Mining India
edatashop.com is the web face of CyberData India, established in 1996 at New Delhi, India. Offering Data Entry Services, Data Conversion Services, India Data Entry Services, Data Processing Services, Microfiche Digitization, Web Mining at low costs and optimal quality.
Call now (214) 775-3900 for the Best Plumbing Repair in Dallas TX. Water heater repair, slab leak, foundation leak.
How to Sell Products Online
Learn how to sell your product online. Get tools, tips, articles, and advice on how to get your product out to your customers.
Thornhill real estate
Over 18,000 homes for sale in Toronto, GTA, Thornhill, Vaughan, Richmond Hill. Free home evaluation.
DSC Truck Services Dallas
DSC Truck Services Dallas, TX: truck repair, Dallas Service Center. Secure facility. Semi trailer repair Dallas. Truck maintenance, painting, semi truck body repair shop Dallas, TX. Wrecker service, towing.
Shipping from Japan
Shipping services from Japan for expats returning home. Japan Luggage Express Call 0120-48-0081. English/Japanese spoken. Specialists in moving from Japan.
Brake Repair - Brakes Dallas, TX
DallasBrakes.com: Stop On A Dime is a MOBILE Dallas brake service. We come to your home, school or office day or night. Convenient Dallas brake repair at competitive pricing performed by expert mechanics.
K and T Porta John
Rental of Portable Toilets and Flush toilets for construction sites, weddings, parties and large events. Septic cleaning services. North Bay.