Eggs in Purgatory is a classic Italian dish, that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Creamy and flavorful, this recipe is sure to please.
Eggs in Purgatory
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons Bruschetta Originale
- 2 tablespoons Chilli Pepper Olive Oil
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Artisan bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the Bruschetta Originale by mixing with ½ cup warm water allowing to sit for 5 minutes. Add Chilli Pepper Olive Oil.
- In a medium sized oven proof sauce pan, add the tomato sauce and Brushcetta mixture. Heat over medium-high heat and let it come to a bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, make four indentations in the sauce with the back of a large serving spoon. Crack 1 egg into each of the indentations. It is OK if some of the eggs run together in spots.
- Place pan in preheated oven. Bake until whites and yolks are softly set, 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve with artisan bread.