Quick and delicious breakfast dish that's sweet and savory at the same time. You'll also have enough time to enjoy a cup of coffee, or two, while these muffins bake. Enjoy!
Carrot Orange Breakfast Muffins
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup Carrot Ketch’up
- ½ cup walnut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- - ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Sicilian Almond Cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Prepare standard size muffin tin with paper liners or by coating with a cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, Carrot Ketch’up, oil, honey and orange juice in a bowl and which to combine thoroughly.
- In a quart measuring bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, oil, honey and orange juice in a bowl and orange zest, whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine.
- Add nuts and fold into batter being careful not to over blend.
- Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin tin filling each well to ¾ full.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until a skewer stuck through the middle comes out clean.
- Combine butter and Sweet Sicilian Almond Cream in bowl of an electric mixer and whip until combined.
Check out how you can subscribe to receive more 'Easy Entertaining' Recipes here.
Taste. Love. Share. Gourmet Olive Oil Vinegar this year!