This orange olive oil cake is easy to prepare and the perfect dessert recipe for holiday entertaining!
- butter to grease loaf pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest, remove pith and slice
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Orange Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the yogurt, sugar, orange zest, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients into yogurt mixture just to blend.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place orange slices over the top.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes on the middle rack of the oven or until a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf come our clean. The loaf should just pull away from the sides and be golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from loaf pan by inverting. Place on the rack cake side up and allow to cool to room temperature.
Check out how you can subscribe to receive more 'Easy Entertaining' Recipes here.
Taste. Love. Share. Gourmet Olive Oil Vinegar this year!