- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons Bruschetta Originale tomato and herb mix
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Tomato & Onion Chutney
- Place Bruschetta Originale tomato and herb mix in a small bowl, cover with warm water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce and Bruschetta mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream and heat through.
- Meanwhile, assemble sandwiches by placing the cheese slices on 4 pieces of bread and 1 tablespoon of Tomato & Onion Chutney on each of the other 4 pieces of bread.
- Create each sandwich by placing one of the Tomato & Onion Chutney bread slices over the cheese bread slice. Butter the top-side of the sandwich and place on a preheated skillet butter side down. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Butter the top-side. Once the cheese starts to melt, turn over and cook until bottom is evenly browned and the cheese has melted completely.
- Serve the sandwich alongside the tomato soup.
Check out how you can subscribe to receive more 'Easy Entertaining' Recipes here.
Taste. Love. Share. Gourmet Olive Oil Vinegar this year!